Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pedaling Across America 2013

It's Saturday, February 2nd, Groundhog Day - which is one of my favorite movies - and it's warm and sunny in Boulder CO. I went to the Y and bicycled on the machine for an hour watching a documentary about rescues for gorgeously cute sealions and dolphins from the ocean by Sea World I think - no sound. They were adorable. Then figure skating with a young man of about 12 who was tiny and skated brilliantly - and a young couple looking more nervous than they should have but they did fine with fixed smiles.
   After an hour I am dripping with sweat but I can do it. 14.5 miles it said. I then went to the Kinesis machine to explore my shoulders again, had a shower and went home.
   Today I had a tutorial from my son and daughter-in-law on using my Iphone to take photos and send them and to get email and to understand why everyone loves their Iphone so much. Right now it all seems a bit overwhelming but I can see it will be great when I'm out on the road on my own. I really want to use it to record the trip and put things into this blog as well as on Facebook.
    It's five weeks till I leave. Wow. I got a new daypack with a pocket for my computer today at Best Buy which is exactly what I need, nice and light. This week I am going to take my bike in for a few adjustments and things I need. Tomorrow I hope it's warm and I'll actually go for a real ride outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment